“I can’t do it. Journaling is too hard” 😥
We hear that often and we get it. It is a confronting and scary process in the beginning. But isn’t that the case with any habit or skill that is worth doing/ learning.
You’ll know we love journalling and believe it is one of the most valuable rituals that can help us deeply connect with self, uncover our deepest desires, fears and intentions. In a world that is moving so fast, journaling reminds us to slow down, be present, feel what we feel, and acknowledge those feelings.
If you are just beginning to journal, it’s important to create a calm space (free of distractions) to help you get the most out of it.
Below are our top ways to create the perfect space for your journaling ritual (which you can access from our self care products and add goodness App)
How to create the perfect space for your journaling ritual
- choose a space with natural light if writing in the day
- declutter the space and remove distractions
- diffuse essential oils or light a candle to create a calm space
- take a few deep breaths
- use a guided meditation to bring yourself into the present moment
- set an intention
- begin writing with no expectations