We love a hearty meal especially in the cooler seasons. We love to keep it healthy, but never want to compromise on taste. Are you much the same? Well, we have a treat for you. This winter, we have cornered some of our favourite healthy recipe creators and demanded the most tasty, yet healthy, winter warmer recipes for you!
First up, we have two scrumptious winter recipes contributed by Jen over at @theactivebod.
CREAMY ALFREDO PASTA (gluten free and diary free)
This is a seriously creamy spaghetti, which includes some of my favourite fresh vegetables. Also, this recipe is made with no cheese and no cream!
I kept this dish gluten free and dairy free using a super easy coconut milk sauce and gluten free spaghetti. This may just be one of my all time favourite recipes. The perfect healthy comfort food.
2 tsp minced garlic
3 tbs plain flour
270 ml can coconut milk
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs fresh parsley
salt and pepper
100g gluten free spaghetti (uncooked weight)
250g cooked chicken (can leave out)
1. Add olive oil, onion, garlic to pan. Cook until soft.
2. Stir in flour and whisk until lightly browned.
3. Add coconut milk, and stock. Simmer on low heat for a few minutes until thickened. Add lemon juice, parsley, salt, pepper.
4. Pour sauce over spaghetti, add diced chicken and fresh parsley.
BAKED BLUEBERRY AND LEMON FRITTERS
Are you someone that loves a good savoury corn or zucchini friiter? Me too! so I decided to create a sweet version.
I honestly had no idea how these would turn out but they turned out so good! Crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. No pan frying required. This recipe only takes a few minutes and uses one bowl, plus includes added protein loaded with juicy blueberries and a hint of fresh zesty lemon. These fritters will be breakfast for the next few days. Just heat, top with your favourite yoghurt and eat. These fritters are what great mornings are made of.
1 cup frozen blueberries (dust with 1 tsp flour to stop them sinking)
1 cup yoghurt @chobaniau
1 cup plain flour
2 x scoops of vanilla @happywayau
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp @natvialiving stevia
1-2 tbs lemon rind
1 tbs melted nuttelex
1 tsp vanilla
1. Like a baking tray with baking paper and put the tray in the oven while it preheats at 170 degrees
2. Add all ingredients to a bowl and gently combine
3. Put 2 tablespoonfuls of mixture onto the baking tray
4. Bake in the oven at 170 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on the top
Makes 8 fritters ( 2 per serve)