Who doesn’t love a good oven bake recipe in Winter? Honestly, these two delicious recipes below are the only two oven bake recipes you will need this Winter. There is a sweet and savoury recipe to keep you satisfied.
These recipes are created by our dear friend Jen over at @theactivebod.
HIGH PROTEIN CHEESY LENTIL & PUMPIN TRAY BAKE
This recipe is one pan, cheesy and creamy but without the fat so it’s perfect for my meal prep lunches this week. Plus, the lentils are a great source of plant-based protein to help keep you feeling full.
1x leek diced
2 tsp minced garlic
2 1/2 cups chopped kale
2 x cups diced pumpkin
400g tin brown lentils
1/2 cup grated cheese of choice (you could use vegan cheese)
1/2 cup light cooking cream
2 vegetable stock cubes + (2 tbs hot water to dilute)
1 cup almond milk
1. In a jug combine the cooking cream, stock cube, hot water and almond milk.
2. Add olive oil to pan cook a leek and garlic. Add kale and cook for a few minutes.
3. Cut pumpkin into pieces, microwave for 4 minutes to soften.
4. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Layer on pumpkin, kale, cream and lentils and repeat.
5. Top with grated cheese.
6. Cover with foil and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Makes 3 lunches. Can add cooked chicken before baking for an extra serve of protein.
MANGO AND MUESLI BAKE
Next time you have 10 minutes make this dreamy breakfast bake (but you can still have it after dinner, of course). One bowl and you only need a handful of pantry ingredients and you’ve got yourself a delicious healthy breakfast that you can reheat and eat when working at home or when you are on the go!
High in protein ✔️ good source of carbohydrates ✔️ meal prep friendly ✔️ + low in fat ✔️
1 cup of muesli or oats
1/4 cup flour of choice
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tin sliced mango
2 scoops vanilla @happywayau (vegan or whey)
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 tsp vanilla
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl.
2. Stir to combine.
3. Pour into 3 ramekins or a large baking tray.
4. Top with slices of mango.
5. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
6. Microwave until warm and serve with yoghurt!